Source: This image was created for netivist.org. If you want to use it you simply need to attribute it by linking to this page or to https://netivist.org. Thanks
Sign this petition to urge the governors to reconsider their decision to close Heythrop College in its current form and leave the University of London
Heythrop was founded in 1614 in Louvain by the Jesuits. Since 1970, it has been a College of the University of London for the study of Theology and Philosophy. Heythrop College has a a modern Catholic ethos, and offers undergraduate and postgraduate educational programmes that respect all faiths and perspectives.
It has been announced by the governors of Heythrop College, a constituent part of the University of London specializing in Theology and Philosophy, that this 402 year old college is to close in its current form. Its closure, as currently constituted, would be a serious blow to theological, religious, and philosophical teaching and research in the UK. We sign this petition to express the dismay and sorrow of colleagues and friends across the UK and beyond, and to encourage the governors to reconsider their decision."
Petition by Supporting Jesuit Education
- Find out more about what is happening: "Appeal for clarity over the future of Heythrop College": click here
Learn more about the unfortunate decision to close the Heythrop College:
- The Tablet: "Philosophers call for Heythrop College to be saved from closure" (read here)
- Independent Catholic News: "Academics protest at impending closure of Heythrop" (read here)
- Times Higher Education: "Don’t shut down Heythrop College" (read here)
- The Times: "Threat to theology" (open letter signed by more than twenty professors and academics)(read here)
Goal of the petition: 1000 signatures
Deadline: 30 August 2016
At netivist we take privacy seriously. Sign up and support this petition with confidence. We will not give your email address to anyone and you will not receive any unsolicited promotional material.
Sign in with your account to sign this petition
New to netivist?
Join with confidence, netivist is completely advertisement free. You will not receive any promotional materials from third parties.