Despite its commercial success, iPhone 6 has faced many criticisms. We discuss the pros and cons of the latest Apple smartphone. Failure or success? Vote!
The iPhone 6 has been highly praised and created a great hype since it was announced, but its launch has been surrounded by controversy. More than 10 million iPhone 6 were sold during the first three days after its release, an un paralleled sales achievement. The trust and loyalty displayed by Apple customers had probably much to do with that instant commercial success. Many Apple fans have been purchasing every smartphone and many other products that the Cupertino company has lauched. Moreover, Apple's latest phone offers several upgrades vis-a-vis its predecessors including new streamlined design, a faster processor, a better camera, improved Wi-Fi connectivity and for the first time a large 5.5-inch screen. However, not everyone was in awe with the iPhone 6. Some argue that many of the technical specificaton and features of this phone were already present in some Android phones since 2012. Other users have also complained that there were serious problems with its operating system iOS 8 and that the phone can easily bend when it was the pocket.
It has been now more than a year since the iPhone 6 was released, It is time to evaluate its performance and usability. Did iPhone 6 livedup to the high expectations generated? Success or failure?
iPhone 6 pros and cons
This is a list of the most important iPhone 6 pros and cons you may want to take into consideration if you are thinking of buying an iPhone 6:
- The new screen sizes available have become a strong selling point. The standard 4.7-inch display makes the iPhone 6 feel less cramped while enabling usability with one hand. The iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch and a higher of 1920 x 1080 (401 ppi) resolution.
- Most applications run much smoother in this phone. Apple has done a good job in optimizing software performance.
- Touch ID and Apple Pay are also great features of the phone.
- In-built quality is trademark of Apple products and iPhone 6 is no exception. Its unibody aluminium chassis makes it visually very appealing.
- The 8MP lens on the iPhone 6 allows much better pictures than in the previous iPhone models. The "Digital Image Stabilization" system has also been improved.
- The iPhone 6 is expensive. You can find Android smartphones with similar features for lower prices.
- Despite the build quality many customers complained that iPhone bent when carrying it their pockets ("bendgate scandal").
- The memory is not expandable. No MicroSD slot.
- Although the battery capacity has increased, the larger screen and the more demanding new apps contribute to power drain. Users continue to struggle to get a full day of use out of their iPhones.
- In terms of hardware, the technical specs of the iPhone are unimpressive if compared to the latest model of Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG, and some other competitors. Arguably the better integration between software and hardware helps to minimize the gap in performance.
Do you think the praise and criticisms received by the iPhone are fair?
If you change your mind, you can change your vote simply by clicking on another option.
iPhone 6 pros and cons: Do you think this Apple device is an achievement or a disappointment?
New to netivist?
Join with confidence, netivist is completely advertisement free. You will not receive any promotional materials from third parties.