Dear netivist user,
It’s been 2 months since netivist open beta was launched and many interesting things have already happened. We have more than 180 debates and people from 171 countries have already visited netivist. Registered users went up 116% in just one month!
If you are among the first few hundred members of the netivist community you have a head start over those who will join us later. Reputation is very important at netivist. Higher level users enjoy more visibility and several advantages that allow them to have a stronger influence on the outcome of deliberations. Make yourself heard: vote, comment and share our debates and campaigns to get netivist points (XP), trophies and level up fast.
So here are facts about our debates that you might find interesting:
1. Our most successful debate this month was about Nintendo best saga, which gathered more than 5,000 votes. Zelda is so far preferred to Super Mario and Pokémon.
2. 98% users would like to see dolphin hunting completely banned.
3. Relationships: 74% of Netivist users prefer a straight honest rejection to a date request rather than silence or an excuse.
4. Fantasy worlds: Tolkien’s Middle-Earth is the preferred over G.R.R. Martin Westeros by almost 60% of our voters.
5. Bach is considerably more popular among netivist users than Mozart and Beethoven. And Pearl Jam is defeating Nirvana in the grunge bands battle. Does it surprise you?
6. Netivist users would rather drive a BMW than a Mercedes-Benz.
7. Euro-believers: 61% of our users believe in the long term survival of the euro.
8. Some of our more loyal users are receiving some very cool t-shirts for their regular contribution to our debates and for their support promoting netivist. Vote, comment, share if you want one!
Remember that you can also suggest your own debates and petitions directly on netivist. It is very easy and free.
Please follow netivist on Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn and Tumblr, and help us spread the word about netivist. Together we can make netivist grow and become a point of reference for people, the media and decision-makers.
Thanks again for being part of this growing project, and happy holidays!
The netivist Team