Dear netivist user,
Netivist has just completed 3 months and we are proud to say the platform is growing quickly. More than 65.000 people have visited our site and 1.700 people are now registered members of our community. Thanks for being part of this adventure! We wanted to share some interesting findings with you:
- Our debate about the possibility of banning animals in the circus is one of the most controversial. Vote is almost tied (51% for ban, 47% against) and there are a lot of interesting comments from both sides. You are still on time to participate!
- This month we asked if it’s a good idea to keep guns at home. A shocking 85% of the votes say yes, with one of our user quoting the English philosopher John Locke (1632-1704) "A man with a sword in his hand demands my purse in the high-way, when perhaps I have not twelve pence in my pocket: this man I may lawfully kill." Do you agree with him? There is still time to change the outcome with your votes or even create a petition about it.
- Gamers on netivist clearly prefer Bethesda’s videogames (Elder Scrolls, Fallout) to Bioware’s creations (Dragon’s Age, Baldur’s Gate), with a 46% votes against 29%. And you?
- In New York, and in spite of the huge popularity of Yankees, netivist baseball fans are almost equally split between Mets (46%) and Yankees (48%). Having a much higher budget doesn’t seem to be enough to conquer fans’ hearts. What do you think?
- Are you a chocolate fan? You may have tried both Swiss and Belgian products. It seems that our users have a hard time choosing between the two. Swiss chocolate has a slight advantage on our poll (48%) over Belgian’s (46%).
- What about debating classic pop music? Since the sixties, a recurring question in music has been: “Who do you prefer: The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?” We asked this question on netivist, and probably like in real life, The Beatles clearly win, with 74% of the votes. If you are a Stones fan you should go to the debate and see if you can change the tendency.
- Between the two most popular MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) games, Dota 2 is currently leading the votes on netivist (59%) but League of Legends fans are fighting back (33%).
- Netivist is also starting to get some attention from some the media (press and radio) and we are exploring a potential collaboration with the London School of Economics and Political Science to host follow up debates to lectures from prominent academics.
We are learning from our users and we continue to introduce new functionalities and polish existing ones constant to improve your experience. Do not hesitate to give us some feedback.
Thank you very much for all your comments, votes and for spreading the word.
The netivist Team