Source: Composite image by Alejandro Migueles Osuna
Cool cartoon characters in TV series: Bender vs Roger. Futurama and American Dad are full of funny characters, but the robot and alien are very special. Who is cooler: Bender or Roger? Vote and tell us why
Cool cartoon characters
Bender ʺBendingʺ Rodriguez from Futurama and Roger from American Dad! are among the coolest characters in the history of US animated series. Bender and Roger both display a quite "unorthodox" behavior to say the least. They're rude, manipulative and have little interest in the feelings of those around them. Bender, the Mexican robot, notorious womanizer and finds humans an inferior species; Roger, the grey space alien and master of disguise, always speaks his mind, no matter how insulting his comments are. Which one is your favourite?
Bender vs Roger
Bender "Bending" Rodríguez was created by Matt Groening for his famous series Futurama (1999 –2013). The American voice actor and comedian John DiMaggio give voice to bender, one of the funniest and most controversial Futurama characters. Bender is an industrial metalworking robot, built in 2996 at Fábrica Robótica De La Madre (Spanish for "Mom's Robot Factory"), a manufacturing facility located in Tijuana, Mexico. He has a comic, antihero-type role in Futurama's plot. His adventures with his friends Fry, Leela and Professor Farnsworth are hilarious. Bender is s a selfish, egomaniac, foul-mouthed robot. Leela describes him as an "alcoholic, whore-mongering, chain-smoking gambler". Some of the best Bender's quotes:
- "Game's over losers! I have all the money. Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves"
- "This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!"
- “I’ll build by own theme park. With black jack, and hookers. In fact, forget the park!”
- “Anything less than immortality is a complete waste of time”
Roger Smith is one of the coolest American Dad characters. Seth MacFarlane designed and given voice to this centuries-old depraved grey space alien since 2005. According to American Dad!'s plot, Roger came to earth over 60 years, after having being tricked by other aliens. He was saved and adopted by Stan Smith, a CIA agent. Roger began the series as a sensitive pushover who was often ridiculed, taken advantage of and cheated. However, over time, the character unveiled himself as a increasingly cruel, hedonistic, self-absorbed, devious, and amoral. Roger, who lives with the Smith family, dresses up in a variety of personas and describes himself as a "fey pansexual alcoholic non-human". These are some of Roger's most notoriuos quotes:
- "Cops already? What, are we next door to a freakin' Krispy Kreme?"
- "Oh, my God! Stan has no friends! And he didn't even realize! He's like America, the Guy!"
- "Holy Toledo, you killed your son's dog! And don't ask me to bring him back with that E.T. finger thing cause that's a giant load of crap"
- "I'm not ready to die! Not before Shatner!"
- "I'm going to make you cry and dip my cookie in your tears"
Ad you can see both characters share many things in common. But which one would you choose? Do you laugh more with Bender or Roger?
Check these two funny videos of Bender and Rogers:
If you change your mind, you can change your vote simply by clicking on another option.
Bender vs Roger: Who is cooler, the Futurama's robot or American Dad's alien?
New to netivist?
Join with confidence, netivist is completely advertisement free. You will not receive any promotional materials from third parties.