The best TV shows of 2015 poll and debate. We've selected a top 10 of universally acclaimed series of last year and discuss which of them are an absolute must watch.
The quality of TV series is increasing steadily over the last few years. Critics and the public alike praise many of the productions that reach our screans. The quality of the scripts, acting and production are unparalleled in the history of television. We can also find good shows on a wide variety of themes and genres including historical drama, crime, spies, science fiction, horror, fantasy, among others. Moreover, thanks to the Internet and to video streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime, these series are downloaded and streamed by millions every day. Users can watch as many episodes in a row as they want. This new enhanced availability helps create a more intense relation between the viewer and the series and its characters. Today some series raise as much expectation among the public as the biggest Hollywood blockbusters.
We have shortlisted 10 American TV series of 2015 according to their popularity and critics reviews. Many of these series will be nominated and win Emmys and other important Television Awards.
Top 10 TV series 2015
The classics (TV shows broadcasted for several years):
- Mad Men, season 7 (AMC). In 2015 we enjoyed the last season of Mad Men and the conclusion of the story of Don Draper and his colleagues in Sterling Cooper & Partners ad agency.
- The Walking Dead, season 5 (AMC). Sheriff Deputy Rick Grimes and his group of survivors had to face new interesting challenges. Often the living are a far worse threat than the zombies.
- Game of Thrones, season 5 (HBO). The struggle to control Westeros continues, some characters leave and others enter. The show moves some distance away from the story which unfolds in G.R.R. Martin's books.
- The Americans, season 3 (FX). The two Soviet agents continue to pose as a married couple to spy on the American government but things get increasingly complicated.
- Fargo, season 2 (FX). Fargo is inspired by the Cohen brothers' 1996 film. Deception, intrigue and murders in cold Minnesota. For many critics, Fargo's second season was the best TV series in 2015.
- The Leftovers, season 2 (HBO). The show about the mysterious simultaneous disappearance of 140 million people received far better criticism for its second season. A third and final season will be broadcast in 2016.
New TV series of 2015
- Better Call Saul, season 1 (AMC). This is a spin-off (and prequel) of the acclaimed Breaking Bad. Better Call Saul features the small time lawyer Jimmy McGill and his dealings with the criminal world before he becomes the Saul Goodman.
- Mr Robot, season 1 (USA Network). The story of a young computer programmer suffering from social anxiety disorder recruited by a mysterious anarchist, who calls himself Mr. Robot.
- Master of None, season 1 (Netflix). This comedy narrates the personal and professional life of Dev Shah, a young actor in New York.
- Marvel’s Daredevil, season 1 (Netflix). A blind lawyer, with superhumanly enhanced senses and extraordinary combat skills, fights crime in Hell's Kitchen as a masked superhero.
Which of them do you think deserves to be considered the best TV series of 2015?
If you change your mind, you can change your vote simply by clicking on another option.
Top 10 TV series 2015: pick your favorite!
New to netivist?
Join with confidence, netivist is completely advertisement free. You will not receive any promotional materials from third parties.