Source: Composite image by G_marius
These three superhero teams have defeated hundreds of enemies and have saved the world many times. But which of the three is the best: Avengers vs X-Men vs Fantastic Four?
Best superhero teams in the Marvel Universe
The Avengers (1963), The Fantastic Four (1961) and The X-Men (1963) have been the most popular superhero teams in the Marvel universe since Stan Lee and Jack Kirby created them in the early 1960s. The three series of comic-books were created as an answer to the Justice League of America in DC comics. For more than 50 years, the series have enjoyed great success and their characters have become among the most iconic of the history of comic-books, The popularity of these teams of super heroes, and of the villains they fight, has been boosted in recent times thanks to big budget Hollywood the live-action movies. So far there have been two Fantastic Four and Avenger movies and six X-Men movies. X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) and Avengers: Infinity Wars Part I (2018) and Part II (2019) have already been anounced. Additionally there have been movies dedicated to some of the most famous heroes in these teams such as Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man, Wolverine, and Spiderman.
To help you compare and assess the three teams, we have listed all superheroes who have been part of them. As you can see some superheroes have belonged to more than one team. Gradually non-white background and female superheroes are becoming more prevalent in these comic-books. Moreover we have also shortlisted to greatest supervillains the have faced.
Full list of Avengers
- Founding members: Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man, Wasp, Hulk
- 1960s recruits: Captain America, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Swordsman, Hercules, Black Panther, Vision, Black Knight
- 1970s recruits: Black Widow, Mantis, Beast, Moondragon, Hellcat, Ms Marvel, Two-Gun Kid, Falcon, Wonder Man, Tigra, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Starfox, Namor, Doctor Druid
- West Coast Avengers recruits: War Machine, Mockingbird, Thing, Firebird, Thing
- Post-Inferno recruits: Demolition Man, Mister Fantastic, Forgotten One, Invisible Woman, US Agent, Quasar, Human Torch, Sersi, Stingray
- UN Charter recruits: Spiderman, Sandman, Darkhawk, Thunderstrike, Crystal, Spider-Woman, Living Lighting, Rage, Machine Man
- Post-Heroes Return recruits: Justice, Firestar, Triathlon, Silverclaw, Jack of Hearts, Captain Britain, Ant-Man II
- New Avengers recruits: Luke, Wolverine, Sentry, Echo
- Post-Civil War recruits: Ares, Amadeus Cho, Jocasta, Stature, Vision
- Heroic Age recruits: Winter Soldier, Spier Woman, Valkyrie, Nova, Sharon Carter, Ant-Man, Iron Fist, Power Woman, Protector, Doctor Strange, Red Hul
- Shattered Heroes recruits: Daredevil, Storm, Quake, Catain Britain, Venom
- Marvel Now! recruits: Havok, Sunspot, Cannonball, Manifold, Shang-Chi, Captain Universe, Smasher, Hyperion, Rogue, Doombot, Victor Mancha, Sunfire
- Infinity recruits: Abyss, Ex Nihilo, Nighmask, Star Brand, Alexis The Protector, Blade, Blue Marvel, Power Man, White Tiger
- Avengers Now!: Kaluu, Nova, Doctor Voodoo, Sabretooth, Validator.
- All-New All-Different! recruits: Thor, Ms Marvel, Spiderman, Deadpool, Synapse, Human Torch, Songbird, Squirrel Girl, Wiccan, Hulkling, Cable.
Full list of Fantastic Four members
- Original Fantastic Four: Invisible Woman, Mister Fantastic, Thing, Human Torch
- Later recruits: Crystal, Medusa, Power Man, Nova, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man, Namorita, Storm, Black Panther, Franklin Richards, Valeria Richards, Flux, Spiderman, Ms. Thing
Full list of X-Men members
- Original X-Men: Professor X, Cyclops, Iceman, Angel, Beast, Phoenix
- 1960s recruits: Changeling, Mimic, Polaris, Havok
- 1970s recruits: Petra, Sway, Darwin, Vulcan, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Wolverine, Storm, Sunfire, Colossus, Thunderbird,
- 1980s recruits: Shadowcat, Lockheed, Rogue, Marvel Girl, Magneto, Longshot, Psylocke, Dazzler, Forge,
- 1990s recruits: Bishop, Gambit, Jubilee, Revanche, Joseph, Cannoball, Dr. Cecilia Reyes, Marrow, Maggott
- 2000s recruts: Thunderbird, Cabel, Mirage, Sage, White Queen, Xorn, Chamber, Stacy X, Lifeguard, Slipstream, Northstar, Husk, Shen Xorn, Juggernaut, Mystique, Warpath, Lady Mastermind, Saberthooth, Omega Sentinel, Hepzibah, Armor, Pixie, Karma, Sunspot, Magma, Aurora, Doctor Nemesis, Box, Magik, Namor, Domino, Cloak, Dagger, Boom-Boom, Ariel, Danger
- 2010s recruits: Warlock, Fantomx, Cypher, E.V.A., X-23, Hope, Frenzy, Legin, X-Man, Warbird, Blink, Firestar, M
These are some of the best comic villains in the Marvel universe:
- Avengers top villains: Thanos, Ultron, Kang, Loki, Kree and the Skrulls, Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil, Korvac, Taskmaster
- Fantastic Four to villains: Doctor Doom, Galactus, Annihilus, Super Skrull, Namor, Molecule Man, Mole Man, Puppet Master
- X-Men top villains: Apocalypse, Magneto, Sentinels, Mr. Sinister, Dark Phoenix, Hellfire Club, Juggernaut, Cassandra Nova, Shadow King, Mystique
Watch these videos about the history of these 3 teams of powerful heroes:
Do you get excited with the famous battle cry "Avengers Assemble!"? Are you a fan of the quartet that acquired their superpowers due to exposure to cosmic rays? Or are you more of a mutant person?
If you change your mind, you can change your vote simply by clicking on another option.
Best Marvel superhero team: Avengers, Fantastic 4 or X-Men?
New to netivist?
Join with confidence, netivist is completely advertisement free. You will not receive any promotional materials from third parties.