Source: This image was created for netivist.org. If you want to use it you simply need to attribute it by linking to this page or to https://netivist.org. Thanks
Ibiza and Mykonos are considered among the best vacation spots in the world. We discuss the top 10 things to do in these two beautiful islands famous for their nightlife.
Best vacation spot: Ibiza vs Mykonos
Famous for their club scenes, legendary nightlife and endless parties, Ibiza and Mykonos are among the best vacation spots in the world. Both in the Mediterranean Sea, they yearly attract large numbers of tourists and are in competition over the crown for the best summer party destination. Celebrities, yatches, super-fashion clubs, paradisiac beaches: both have many attractions but let's decide which is the better destination.
Ibiza, part of the Balearic Islands in Spain, is home to some of the most famous clubs, in the world, such as Pacha, Amnesia and Privilege, and regularly hosts globally renowned DJs. With a clubbing history dating back to the end of the 1970s, Ibiza is considered to be one of the cradles where house music was born and developed. The clubbing scene remains equally alive today, with millions of tourists visiting the island every year to enjoy its parties, music festivals and nightlife. This summer you may spot in Ibiza celebrities such as Shakira, Cristiano Ronaldo, Justin Bieber, Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio.
Watch this video to discover some of the things that make Ibiza one of the best vacation spots in the world
Much smaller in size, Mykonos is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Greece. It combines the typical architecture of the picturesque white houses, characteristic of the Cyclades Islands, with a relentless nightlife and dusk-to-dawn parties at its open-air clubs. A favourite of celebrities and international jet-setters since the 1960s – including Jackie Kennedy and Grace Kelly - Mykonos has also been particularly popular among the global gay community. Most recently celebrities such as Paris Hilton, Mariah Carey, Gerard Butler or Ariana Grande have spent their summer vacations in the Greek island.
This video can help you understand why Mykonos is such an impressive summer destination
Top 10 things to do in Ibiza
This is a list with some of the best things to do in Ibiza during holidays:
- Party in Pacha, Ibiza's iconic and very classy nightclub which has been a top destination since 1973 and hosts some of the best DJs in the world.
- Dalt Vila: Visit the impressive 25 metre-high ramparts which protect the Ibiza old town.
- Visit the caves of Culleram in the north of the island which used to be an important Cathaginian place of worship.
- Horse ride through the forests and mountains of northern Ibiza.
- Taste the local specialities such as seafood stew, guisat de peix, home produced honey and herb liqueur.
- Dance at Privilege, the wolrd's biggest nightclub which hosts 10,000 clubbers every night.
- Enjoy the sunset in one of the famous sunset locations in Ibiza such as the Sunseat Strip in San Antonio, Benirras Beach and Cala d'Hort.
- Visit the hippy market in Es Cana on the East of the island.
- Go on a boat trip and if possible visit the island of Formentera.
- Swim in some of the best beaches of Ibiza such as Las Salinas, Sa Caleta, Talamanca and Cala Conta.
Top 10 things to do in Mykonos
Some ideas on how to best spend your time in Mykonos:
- Get tanned at Paraga Beach while enjoying the refreshing and crystal clear waters of this seaside spot.
- Have dinner and some drinks at the picturesque Little Venice, over the sea.
- Enjoy the 16th century iconic Mykonos windmills, Kato Myli.
- Party until very late, or early in the morning, in one of the famous nightclubs such as Paradise Club.
- Visit the Armenistis lighthouse and enjoy the panoramic view of the sea.
- Enjoy the specialities of Mykonos cuisine, including kopanisti, a spicy and aromatic cheese, louza, a dish made with slices of cooked pork and the favorite local apetizer ksinotira.
- Have a cocktail enjoying the sunset in one of the cafés and hotels at the beach such as The Belvedere.
- For those interested in history, the Aegean Maritime Museum and the Archaeological Museum of Mykonos are a must.
- Enjoy some of the fashionable bars and clubs such as the JackieO' and Buddha Bar.
- Boat trip to visit Paros and Santorini islands.
Which of the two summer destinations is your favourite? Do Ibiza clubs retain its old allure? Or are the beaches of Mykonos a better place to party?
If you change your mind, you can change your vote simply by clicking on another option.
Best vacation spots: Ibiza vs Mykonos - Top 10 things to do in these islands
New to netivist?
Join with confidence, netivist is completely advertisement free. You will not receive any promotional materials from third parties.