Are you planning to give or hoping to receive a gift from your partner? What makes for the best romantic gift: lingerie, perfume, jewellery, a romantic dinner, or a beautiful bouquet of flowers? Or something else altogether? Vote and share some ideas for gifts with us to help those who are planning a present for their loved one.
Best romantic gift for her
Lingerie, perfumes, jewellery, romantic dinners and flowers are the most popular romantic gifts given to women. On special occassions, such as wedding (or relationship) anniversaries, birthdays, Saint Valentine’s Day and Christmas Day, people like to receive and give gifts to their partners. Choosing a gift for a loved one is not always easy. Moreover, in long relationships it becomes increasingly difficult to find a present which could surprise one's partner. Offering completely different or innovative gifts entails some risks. Some romantic presents could turn into unwanted gifts she may even want to sell or get rid of. But asking a woman what she would like as her next anniversary or Sait Valentine's gift could also be problematic. She may feel that her husband, partner, boyfriend or girlfriend lacks imagination or does not know her well enough. Discovering a surprise gift is also great part of the enjoyment for the recipient. The right romantic present will show that you really care about her and help strengthen a marriage or relationship. A "wrong" romantic present or no present at all, on the other hand, may send a strong signal than the relationship is not working as it used to. We compare the advantages and disadvantages of some of the most common romantic gifts and invite you to share your views and tell us about the best romantic gifts you have ever given or received.
Pros and cons of popular romantic gifts for women
- Lingerie as a gift communicates romance, as well as sexual attraction. It is a flattering gift for a woman, as it suggests that she is being seen as attractive and sexy, and that her partner wants to see more of them in that way. Given that beautiful lingerie is enjoyed by both partners, it is also a gift that signifies intimacy and imagination. Another advantage of lingerie as a present is that it may last many years. However, there are some cons to choosing lingerie as a present for her. Some lingerie products and sexy accessories may make the woman feel uncomfortable. Your partner may find your choice of lingerie too "far-fetched" or kinky for her taste. Some women feel you are trying to impose on her a particular sexy look they don't feel fit them. Moreover, it is not always easy to find out the right size for her. If the corset, bra, body or stockings are too big or too small, they will fail as a present.
- Perfume is a personal but also luxurious present. It can be the perfect pampering gift, as it often comes last on a woman’s list of beauty products due to its often high price. At the same time, scent is said to be connected to memory, which means that the gifted fragrance will be linked to the relationship, making sure that both partners will think of each other when catching a waft of it. But perfumes are also very personal. Some scents may be too strong, sweet or bold for the taste of a women. How do you choose a perfume that she feels comfortable with without spoiling the surprise? Perfumes don't last forever so after a few months the perfume may be finished and soon later forgotten as a present.
- Jewellery is another typical romantic gift for women. Jewellery has several pros and cons as gifts. Rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings have been favorite gifts and a source of pride for women throughout history. Jewels can make women feel more glamorous and can even be considered a wearable investment. Jewellery has become very sophisticated and different items have been designed to suit women's state of mind, clothing, skin color and even location. Unfortunately, jewellery is usually expensive and not every woman likes the same type of jewels and accessories. It is very important to find out if your partner dislikes a particular type of design, metal or stone. Very flashy jewels can make some women feel uncomfortable, and worse still, they can become the target of robbers.
- A romantic dinner is another good way to demonstrate your love for someone. Bringing a woman to an expensive restaurant can be a way to impress her. Today, chefs really innovate and cooking has become an art. There are some outstanding restaurants which can be once-in-a-lifetime experiences. A romantic dinner can be the perfect time to talk about the great moments you have shared. This is also another gift that will be equally enjoyed by the two partners. The main cons of romantic dinners is that these gifts only last a couple of hours and that a romantic dinner for two in a famous restaurant could be very expensive.
- Flower bouquets are also among the most popular romantic gifts for women. Flowers are beautiful and smell pleasant, and some bouquets can be very artistic and colorful. They can be used to decorate a room for a few days. Flower bouquets and arrangements have a symbolism associated to them and can help convey meanings and emotions such as love, admiration, hope, wisdom and trust. The main problem of flower bouquets is that they are ephemeral and last only a few days. Flowers bouquets, although can create a great impact when received, can also be easily forgotten.
- Other gift ideas: chocolates, soft toys, spa and sessions, photo frames, fancy dresses, etc.
Out of these romantic gifts which is the best in your opinion? Share any other present you think could impress her?
Watch these videos with great gift ideas for women:
If you change your mind, you can change your vote simply by clicking on another option.
Best romantic gifts for her: lingerie, perfume, jewellery, dinner or flowers?
New to netivist?
Join with confidence, netivist is completely advertisement free. You will not receive any promotional materials from third parties.